Monday, June 22, 2009

My Country Tis of thee...

Sweet land of liberty...

The Washington Monument
We started the morning off with a yummy breakfast at "The Diner" and we made our plans for the day.

The Frye family
We walked and walked our little hearts out... We went to monuments and museums and had so much fun taking it all in. It was Spencer's first time in Washington D.C. and I had been once before in High School. I love our country and am so grateful for our freedom and rights so I am so glad I was able to see the capital again. We saw so many things that I could never even list them all, however, I have some pictures of a few of the sights-
All the Frye kids at the WWII Memorial
I found that I was even more patriotic and touched by each of these monuments and memorials now that I have a brother serving our country (I will save that for another post). I have always been proud of those who have served and are serving our country it is just magnified by 100% these days.

Look at Abe being all honest and what not
My high school choir was invited to sing at all these different places in D.C. and one of the places was on the steps of The Lincoln Memorial (so pretty at night!) it was so fun to be back there and remember how it felt to sing all the patriotic songs.

The Natural History Museum

Check out the size of that turtle!


Folding the flag

We even folded this HUGE flag! There were 30 of us or something- and our Eagle Scout Frye boys saved the day with giving instructions and making the flag look good.
We topped off the day with a delicious meal at The Cheesecake Factory and dessert with the groom and his family at an italian restaurant next door. We were exhausted by the end of the day but it was so worth it!




2 comments:

Brittney said...

1. glad to see you posting as promised. 2. when i saw the title of this post i totally imagined you singing it to me. then i immediately turned on one of your songs and heard your voice. :) miss it... miss you. 3. Your bro is in the militry? which one? 4. ive never been to dc, but it looks so fun, rob anderson is getting married there this month. 5. When is your sister getting married and where? i wanna go, just so i have an excuse to see you, email me brittneydye@gmail.com. and 6. Come to vegas! love ya.

Little Red said...

This looked like a very fun trip! I guess I feel good about approving the vacation request!