Gotta love a man in uniform!!
My handsome brother Taylor joined the U.S. Army. My family and I could not possibly be more proud of him and his decision to serve our country! I cried like a baby when I found out what he was doing- then cried like a baby again the night I had to say goodbye- (it was just to S.C.! but what can I say? I really love this kid!) Taylor is on the path to become an army medic and has now made it through Basic Training in South Carolina and moved on to Texas for Advanced Individual Training. He has lightened his load by about 20 lbs, become a Push-up Master, running machine, yes sir, no sir ...you get the idea.
Here he is swearing in
In front of the Army Flag
Here is the family in our army shirts!!
Before Taylor went to Basic, we had a big family dinner (minus Shayla, Chase and Parker) to send him off... it was yet another delicious meal cooked by dad and adorable table set by my mother... she and I even found this sweet cake at Dippidee's in American Fork- by the way if you haven't been there please add it to your list of places to go... DELICIOUS!!
We all tried to write lots of letters and send every bit of positive energy his way to give him strength needed to get through each day of basic- and he did wonderfully! We got to see him this weekend, as he got a 7 day leave before AIT starts up- I was so relieved to see him in one piece with the same smile and the biggest change being bigger muscles! (I am a worrier- I just couldn't stand the idea that he was going to go somewhere that people were going to yell and curse and treat him like dirt!). It was so good to spend time with him!
Mom, Taylor and Dad looking so happy to be reunited on graduation day!
I miss Taylor like crazy and think about him every day... we all do! But man he looks good in that uniform! We are so proud of you Tay! Can't wait to see him at Christmas (lets hope!) !!
2 comments:
Go Taylor!
T-your family is so cute. I love them, especially your mom.
I am glad you guys got to see Taylor!! Chase was so happy to be able to go to breakfast with him. We are counting down the days until we get to see you all again!! We are SOOOOOO excited.
Post a Comment