Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two Thumbs Up...

With having just finished my summer round of classes, I have found I have more freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want... and part of what I wanted was a good bag of popcorn- but mostly what I wanted was to see some much anticipated movies (on my part anyway)... so here are my reviews on the two movies I saw this week! TWO!!

First, I saw Julie and Julia and can I just tell you it was HILARIOUS. I thought Meryl Streep was absolutely fabulous, and Amy Adams continues to be adorable in everything I have seen her in. Loved it. It was just what I needed to laugh and smile and motivate me to do things for myself! To name a few things I would like to do for myself: 1-photography classes, 2- guitar lessons 3- cooking lessons...



I just finished reading The Time Travelers Wife and was so excited for the movie to come out this week, so sure enough I convinced my mom to be my partner in crime two days in a row and see both these movies! Seriously, who has time to see two movies in one week! I felt like I was living the high life! :) Anyway, on to the review... I loved it. It was moving, and totally made me think of my wonderful husband and how it felt like I was waiting for him before I even met him-- plus it made me grateful to have such an amazing man in my life! If you haven't read the book, I would encourage you to do so-- never can fit all the details in to a movie, but the movie was fabulous regardless. Never hurts to see a good love story if you ask me! Plus, I love love love Rachel McAdams- if only i could look like her!

So, long story short... both movies earn two thumbs up in my book! Check them out!


2 comments:

Celeste said...

I have been dying to see both of these! Thanks for the reviews. Now I want to see them even more. Andrew may just get dragged to at least one of them. :)

Little Red said...

I know. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait to see them!