Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Pioneer children sang as they walked, and walked and walked...




Two days after getting back from Laura's wedding, I took off for our Stake Youth Conference... to Martin's Cove... in full pioneer get-up, with a 17 pound bucket of my belongings, and ready to help the youth of our ward understand what it was like for the pioneers that came across the plains to the Great Salt Lake so many years before. It was HOT HOT HOT and DRY in Wyoming-- but it was beautiful. I am pretty sure with all the wind, and all the handcarts picking up so much dust that I swallowed a good pound of dirt during the few days we were there. Yummy.

Anyway, we hiked around 15 miles with our handcarts and our youth that were there did awesome! I am amazed at what the pioneers accomplished and barely had a glimpse of what they were required to do. Their strength and faithfulness was incredible and their steadfastness in Christ truly inspiring.

I hope I can show the same strength and faithfulness through my trials as the pioneers did through theirs!

1 comment:

caldwell said...

Sounds like an exhausting time for you. But hey more power to you for doing that. I prob. would have made up some excuse of why not to go. Hope you are getting some good rest now. When do you head for Hawaii?